Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2013

The Tortoise and the Boy

Stacey and I have a fondness for botanical and zoological gardens.  They are oases that offer up a captivating, diverse array of flora and fauna, all in one stop.  Stacey loves greenery, flowers, and animals.  She really focuses in on the displayed subjects.


My mind wanders, and oftentimes I'm as fascinated by my fellow travelers as I am by the monkey in a cage.

We were at the Ueno Park Zoo in Tokyo recently, and stopped for a needed rest.  Some open benches in an out-of-the-way nook attracted our attention.  We sat down on one positioned near a bronze tortoise sculpture.  It wasn't long before the tortoise came to life.

In our age of zoom, bang, boom video gaming, I was amazed at how much fun kids of a certain age can have with a cold, inanimate object.

Boy sitting



Boy rising

Boy standing

Companionship

When the boys abandoned the tortoise,
this young girl hopped on.



No comments: